Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hide those scissor

Ok, I have been in LOVE.... with my scissors for two years now and its obvious that I'm lacking the length. I have good length right now but I could of been waist last year. The main reason is because I'm suffering from "scissor-happy-syndrome"

 It's a really serious problem. I see a few split ends and a couple uneven strands...and I must cut. It stems from YouTube....lol. I know----I know, from the beginning of my journey. I would watch all these videos of people who had long hair tell me that they cut their hair 4 to 5 times a year. So, my thoughts were, I want long hair like yours. I will do that tooooooooo!  The thing is, it doesn't make sense to cut your hair that much. Unless your trying to maintain your length. So, lets calculate. If you cut you hair 4 times a year and you cut an inch off each time. You will hardly see any growth. This is because the average speed hair can grow is between 5 to 6 inches a year. That would equal up to around 1 to 2 inches of retained length a year. I was living a lie these last two years. Nooooooooooo....... So I went back to YouTube with a new resolve and a little more smarts. What I pretty much heard ... now was across the board. From Asain to African American; they would only trim or cut their hair once a year. Now this was while they were growing their hair long. Once they got to the length they desired. The long hair Divas cut it more frequently.

 I have no idea why this simple concept didn't slap me in the face years ago. So I have hidden my hair scissor. No seriously I did and now I can't find them... I've been looking for them, for two weeks now. I'm about to just buy another pair. ANY WHO! My major goal is to wear only protective styles like this one




 and only cut my hair once this year. Don't get me wrong, I will still be practicing my search and destroy methods. Split ends are no joke. That's why I have be looking for those blasted scissor. The last time I got a trim was in November. So we will see whats poppin in November 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment